Sep 11, 2017
Call for 2018 Officer and Board Nominations: Deadline for Applications Extended until September 13
Sep 11, 2017
By Mee Mee Wong, Executive Director
Would you like to be part of the Marin County Bar Association leadership team? MCBA wants you to apply for an Officer or Board position. Board service is a unique opportunity to give back to your community, hone your leadership skills, and work with fellow board members to deliver valuable benefits to our member organization.
MCBA is now accepting applications for 2018 Officer and Director positions. Pursuant to the Bylaws of the Marin County Bar Association, a Nominating Committee has been chosen to select the slate of Officers and Directors for 2018. The Nominating Committee will make its recommendations at the September 27 General Membership meeting, and the election of Officers and Directors for 2018 will be held at the October General Membership meeting.
The MCBA Board is comprised of 15-20 Directors and Officers. Board members serve three-year terms. Governed by the MCBA Bylaws, the Board is responsible for MCBA policy, governance, and fiscal oversight. To be eligible to serve on the Board of Directors, you must be a lawyer in good standing with the State Bar of California, and a MCBA member in good standing.
Expectations of Board service include:
- Regular attendance at all Board lunch meetings and the annual Board retreat (including paying a Board fee that covers the cost of the Board meetings and retreat)
- Regular attendance at MCBA General Membership meetings and special events
- Serving as a guest editor for up to one issue of the Marin Lawyer per year
- Involvement in Board committee activities
- Directors serve a three-year term, and Officers serve a one-year term
Please see the MCBA Bylaws for additional information.
Please send your completed application to:
Dorothy Chou Proudfoot
Marin County Bar Association
101 Lucas Valley Road, Suite 326
San Rafael, CA 94903
Or email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org