Oct 30, 2018
Marin County’s Community Resource Guide
Oct 30, 2018
By Marin County Supervisor Damon Connolly, District 1, San Rafael
As lawyers, our jobs can involve clients who need community services along with their legal services. When such issues come up, you will be happy to know there is a website that lists resources to connect someone to vital services in Marin County.
Are you representing:
- Someone in need of credentials to navigate to their next career? Careerpointnorthbay.org
- A woman over 50 who is trying to enter the workforce? YWCA Fifty+ 415-479-9922
- An older adult who is looking for transportation? Marin Access 415-454-0902
- A client who might be entitled to veteran’s benefits? Veterans Services 415-473-6193
- A caregiver in need of respite while caring for a loved one with memory loss? Senior Access 415-491-2503
- A person with a disability who wants to remain at home and actively engaged in the community? Marin Center for Independent Living 415-459-6245
These are just a few examples of the extensive resources Marin County has that might make an enormous difference in the lives of your clients. A comprehensive guide to the available resources in Marin County can be found here: Marin County Community Resource Guide. You are also welcome to call my office, as often I can help connect you to the right person to address your client’s non-legal needs.
Damon represents San Rafael and its unincorporated neighborhoods on the Marin Board of Supervisors, and currently serves as the Board’s President. He previously served on the San Rafael City Council and served on the Dixie School Board. Before opening his own law practice in San Rafael, Damon was a Supervising California Deputy Attorney General. Damon’s priorities and initiatives are focused around transportation, housing, homeless policy and the environment. Damon attended college and law school at UC Berkeley. email@example.com. (415) 473-7354.