Mar 20, 2023
Mar 20, 2023
MCBA took the opportunity to learn more of the personal side of Judge Verna Adams. Congratulations Judge Adams for serving on the Marin Superior Court for more than 23 years.
1. If you weren’t a judge (or lawyer), what would you be doing?
I can’t answer that question. I’ve wanted to be a lawyer since I was in middle school and never considered another career path. The judge part of it followed, a combination of opportunity and good luck.
2. What book are you reading right now and what show are you currently streaming? Book(s):
The High Sierra, A Love Story, by Kim Stanley Robinson (nonfiction) and This Tender Land, by William Kent Krueger (fiction). Streaming: The English Game and 1883.
3. What do you enjoy doing outside of work? In no particular order:
Going to the gym (Elan, in San Anselmo), hiking, traveling, reading, and cooking.
4. What is your go-to karaoke song?
5. Describe your perfect day off.
Getting a massage, going to Comforts for lunch with my husband, John, and taking a nap.
6. Complete this sentence: everyone who knows me, knows I love...
7. How do you deal with work stress?
8. What career advice would you give to your younger self?
You know what you want to do, now GO FOR IT!
9. What is your favorite part about your job?
Helping the litigants who appear in my courtroom and their children.
10. What advice do you have for lawyers appearing in the courtroom?
You are in a helping profession. Never lose sight of your role as peacemakers.